Engage Customers and Promote Your Brand With the Right StrategyEstablishing digital signage is a great way to stand out from your competition. With a commercial AV system that makes it easy for you to alternate content, you can save space, be more cost efficient and create more dynamic images. But to experience the true benefits of digital signage in your Wayzata, Minnesota business you need to pay close attention to where you’re placing your signs and what you’re promoting on them. SEE MORE: 6 Benefits of Installing Digital Signage Pay Close Attention to Location Not only do you want to make sure your digital signs stand out, but you also want to ensure they’re in a place where they will best engage your customers. Below are some quick tips on figuring out the right location for your signs:
- What Are You Promoting? If you’re running an ad for your company, you should place a large display near your window. But what if your digital sign is an interactive menu? That will be better served at your check-out station. If you have a display explaining a certain product, make sure it’s placed near it.
- Make Signs Easy to Read: They shouldn't be set too high or low so customers have to strain to see your message. If your storefront faces outdoors, make sure your sign isn’t affected by glare. If you deem it necessary, we can find glare-resistant displays, so your signs are visible throughout the day.
- Target High-Traffic Areas: Promotional displays should be in areas where people are likely to congregate. Place displays near dressing rooms or your entrance if you're in a busy mall. Quick caveat: don’t place promotions at your checkout line since it may be too late to affect a customer’s purchase.
- Don’t Just Sell: Be informative with your message. It should be dynamic, offering more than prize listings. Include images, information about the products, benefits of your services or even trivia.
- Alternate Often: We recommend content that rotates automatically, so you don’t have to waste resources changing it. Create a set of slides that alternates throughout the day, then change out those slides as you see fit.
- Add Video: Customers are even more likely to engage with video content—especially if played on a loop. People will feel the urge to stick around and finish out the rest of a clip or stay to see parts of the video they may have missed.
- Keep Your Signage Simple: Don’t overwhelm your content with text. Keep your designs simple and consistent with images and video included along with your text.
- Stay Up to Date: If you mention specific dates for a promotion, make sure it’s taken down as soon as it ends. Have seasonal sales and content to let customers know you’re active.