How to Resolve Common Design Issues With Motorized Shades
Make it Easy to Manage All Your Shades with a Smart Control Solution
Shades can add warmth and personality to your interior décor, but they don’t come without their own stylistic and pragmatic issues. Every homeowner has likely had to make a decision between practicality and aesthetics when it comes to their window treatments. Either shades are too hard to handle, or they don’t quite match the image you had in mind. Develop a solution that meets your unique needs by incorporating motorized window shades in your Wayzata, MN home. Below we showcase how they can resolve some common issues by offering remote control of your shades:
- Having Shades Placed Behind Furniture: You've come up with the ideal design for your living room. The furniture, AV equipment, and artwork are perfectly laid out. Your brand new designer shades add a spark of color to the space. Then 6 p.m. rolls around, and you want to pull up the shades to enjoy the sunset from the couch; you find you have to climb over two pieces of furniture to get to them. With motorized window shades, you don't have to deal with the inconvenience. Just use a remote, smartphone or touchpad to open and close them.
- Dealing with Heavy Drapery: Drapes are a great way to bring a classic elegance to your media room, home theater or bedroom. Unfortunately, many homeowners are reluctant to install them since they can be tough to handle due to their weight. With a smart shading solution, you never have to deal with them manually; control them with the device of your choice.
- Covering Large Windows or Doorways: Large windows and sliding doors are standard design features in luxury homes. They are also an ideal area to showcase bright shades or vintage drapes. With smart control, you don't have to worry about how to adjust them. Preset settings are perfect for those big fixtures. You can program shades to open fully, halfway, or three-fourths of the way at the press of a button.
- Upgrading to Cordless Shading Options: Perhaps the most common complaints when it comes to shades have to deal with cords. Not only are they constantly getting tangled up, but they also present an ongoing safety concern for pets and children. In the past, you had to settle for models that offered wand control. Now you can choose from hundreds of designs, colors, and fabrics from QMotion and then decide how you’d like to manage them whether it’s through a keypad on the wall or an app on your smartphone.
- Managing Lighting and Privacy Priorities: Often the issue with shading design is choosing the priority for the room. Do you want sheer shades that let in a natural glow or do you want to have blackout shades that protect your privacy? With smart control, you can take advantage of dual-shade window treatments. Install both and then use a smartphone, tablet, or touchpad to decide which of them you want to use. You can have pre-set settings according to the time of day, so sheer shades remain closed throughout the day while blackout shades only come down during the evening.
We’ve worked with homeowners, designers, and architects to come up with smart shading systems for all applications. If you’re interested in a custom solution for your home, contact us online or call us at (612) 353-5087.